We’re pumped about launching the second season of our Inspire Speakers Series on November 14! This lecture circuit, which we’re presenting with Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, has an awesome line-up of both national and local experts. Last year, our Inspire Speakers Series attracted 100-450 people to each of its monthly events, and we expect the same this year. You don’t want to miss it! Here are my Top 10 Reasons Why….
10. We’ve Got Something for Everyone: Our national and local speakers represent a wide range of perspectives and expertise, including: academia, business, architecture and design, tourism and culture, government, environmental health, and even national security.
9. Speakers with Super Superlatives: Our speakers have also been recognized as some of the best in their fields, each having
received several awards and accolades, some of which include: Most Innovative Person, Most Influential Woman in Technology, Heinz Award Winner, AIA National Firm Award Winner, and more! Not to mention that many of these speakers have also authored books, sat on editorial boards, and served on the board of directors for the U.S. Green Building Council.
8. We’re Thinking Globally and Locally: While our national speakers will offer insight and information on what’s happening in sustainability across the country, our local speakers will shine a spotlight on work that is being done right here in our region.
7. You Can go to One Heck of a Dinner Party: If you want to hear more from any of our speakers – or if you want to share your ideas with them – you can purchase tickets to an after-event dinner party. This casual and intimate atmosphere will allow you more time with the experts, and with other guests from the event. Imagine having dinner with some of the most sought-after minds in sustainability, architecture, and education! (Limited seats are available – see our events calendar for each after-event dinner).
6. You’ll Make Valuable Connections: GBA has over 1,200 members who are working to make our region healthier, more economically competitive, and more sustainable. Networking before and after each lecture offers you a chance to meet new friends, partners, and colleagues.
5. Pittsburgh’s New Mayor Will be There: That’s right! Pittsburgh’s mayor-elect, Bill Peduto, is one of our local guests this year. We’re honored that he will be joining us at the season finale of the lecture circuit when he’ll present with Colonel Mark Mykleby on May 15.
4. You Can Explore One of the Greenest Buildings in the World: Each lecture in the series is held at Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, in its beautiful Special Events Hall. For an hour before each event, our guests have the chance to explore the gorgeous displays at Phipps, and can even check out the Center for Sustainable Landscapes (CSL). The CSL just received LEED Platinum certification, and is pursuing the rigorous Living Building Challenge certification.
3. Our Speakers are True Innovators and Pioneers: Have you ever heard of Urban Acupuncture (March’s lecture) or an Environmental Health Clinic (November’s lecture)? Have you ever met someone who spent more than 15 years without speaking or driving so he could spread a message of sustainability (April’s lecture)? You will if you attend our Inspire Speakers Series!
2. You’ll Be Supporting GBA Initiatives: Green Building Alliance initiatives like the Green Schools Academy, Knowledge Network, DASH, and the Pittsburgh 2030 District are working to inspire the creation of healthy and high-performance spaces throughout Western Pennsylvania. That means healthier buildings for our students, tenants, and employees as well as a lower impact on our environment and a healthier bottom line. Attending an event like the Inspire Speakers Series shows your support for our important work.
1. You’ll leave with the tools you need to make a difference! We don’t call it the Inspire Speakers Series for nothing… The national and local guests at each event will help to motivate and prepare you to make your home, office, school, and community healthier!
What are you waiting for? Join us at one of our upcoming lectures, and be inspired!