At December’s Inspire Speakers Series event, you’ll not only get the chance to hear from two inspiring thought leaders, but you’ll also have an opportunity to check out Phipps’ Winter Light Garden and Flower Show and purchase holiday gifts from Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild students.
That’s right! It’s the perfect time to get into the holiday spirit, while learning how to harness the powers of the human spirit to make lasting change in our communities. At this event, Bill Strickland and Jim Hartzfeld will inspire attendees and share ways to foster leadership skills necessary to pursue visions that make the impossible possible, implement a human-centered approach to design and sustainability, create a culture that allows people to thrive, and discover the importance of arts and beauty in education, business, design, neighborhood revitalization, and the reignition of the human spirit.
Before and after the event, you can:
- Network with friends and colleagues
- Stroll around Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens while listening to holiday music and viewing thousands of holiday lights, festive flowers, and the model train display
- Purchase holiday gifts for your loved ones that will also serve to make a difference in your community! Students from the Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild will be selling handmade pottery and beautiful orchids (grown in the Horticultural Training Center). Proceeds from gift sales will serve to continue the wonderful work being done at MCG.
- As a special treat, you can also purchase a signed copy of Bill Strickland’s new book, Make the Impossible Possible, for yourself or as a gift.
Don’t miss this unique chance to spend a cold winter’s night in the warm, twinkling corridors of Phipps. Tasty food and drinks, great friends, holiday shopping, a feast for the eyes, and inspiring speakers are awaiting you!
More About Our Speakers:
- Bill Strickland, a local social architect, community leader, visionary, and MacArthur Genius Fellow is internationally recognized for his work as president and CEO of Manchester Bidwell Corporation [and its subsidiaries, Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild (MCG) and Bidwell Training Center (BTC)]
- Jim Hartzfeld, a national leader in the sustainability field, has worked closely with Ray Anderson to set the tone for Interface and hundreds of other businesses in environmental sustainability efforts that embrace “human technologies” of collaboration, learning, and innovation (necessary to accelerate progress).
Come kick off your holiday season with GBA, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Manchester Bidwell Corporation, Jim Hartzfeld, and Bill Strickland!
See you there!